Buying a Toll Brothers new construction home is a very exciting process! Starting with choosing your lot, submitting your deposit, all the way through your design studio meetings, inspections and final walk through - your New Construction Realtor will be there for you!
What To expect during the toll brothers new construction process
- The buyer's custom changes will be submitted to Toll Brothers. These typically have a slow turnaround, so expect 15-30 days for a response/price on these.
- The behind the scenes preparation to begin the build will begun as soon as you are officially "under contract" . This will take about 3-4 months.
- First step for the build preparation is for the home to be sited on the lot/plot plan created and permits turned into the county. *If you go under contract for your new construction home during December or January, it may not be until Early Spring for the dig and build to begin.
- Meet the team: When Toll Brothers is ready to break ground on your new home your assigned sales associate will set an appointment for you to meet with the construction team to go over the construction process of your home. During this time you can also expect to review the options you have included in your home and your site plan.
- Pre-Drywall Meeting: Sales will contact the buyer to set a time with the construction management team to walk the home prior to drywall going up in the home. This is the time to review the placement of your electrical, structured wiring, and plumbing locations. *During this time we (as your Realtor) typically recommend a pre-inspection and will help guide you through coordinating this process.
- Pre-Settlement Orientations and Settlement: Sales will contact the buyer to set the dates for the 1st and 2nd orientations and settlement date and time.
Other notes from the builder once you are under contract will be....
- Information on who will be your main point of contact until the home begins construction, their availability and how to reach them directly.
- A note stating that no changes are able to be made to any options selected at contract. A this time they are already processing the selections made and submitting for permits and the site plan. Also, there will be no additions to options other than those offered at the Design Studio and the electrical meetings.
DO YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TOLL BROTHERS NEW CONSTRUCTION HOME BUYING PROCESS?
Each year, we represent at least 25 new construction buyers in the DC metro area. We work closely with local builders, especially Toll Brothers, and have the expertise and experience to help you navigate the process. If you are considering a Toll Brothers home, schedule a call with Khalil here to get your questions answered!
**Disclaimer** The information shared regarding the Toll Brother policies and processes are for informational purposes only, we do not in any way represent Toll Brothers nor do we receive any compensation for shared information.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained on the Website is correct, Glass House Real Estate is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information on the Website is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. In no event will Glass House Real Estate, or its partners, employees or agents, be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information on the Website, or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Information on the Website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide any type of professional advice. Please seek professional assistance should you require it. Furthermore, information contained on the Website and any pages linked to and from it are subject to change at any time and without warning.
"Thanks for reading! I’m passionate about empowering home buyers and sellers with professional advice and unbiased information, throughout the real estate transaction. Unlike most agents, I always put clients first. When it comes to negotiating, marketing homes, and sealing the deal, I’ve got the experience and knowledge you’re looking for. If you have any questions about moving to VA, D.C., or MD, don’t hesitate to reach out."