Are you starting the new construction home process? Before you fully decide on the right builder, neighborhood and begin the paperwork for your new home, be sure to use this list of questions to gain full confidence in your choices.
25 Questions to Ask For Your New Construction Home Project
- References from the builder of recent buyers and current owners
- What are the major energy savers of the home?
- Who will oversee the construction of my home? Who should I keep in contact with?
- How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
- How often will I have access to the home during the building process?
- How long will my home take to complete?
- Does the builder have a financing plan
- What is the inspection process throughout construction?
- What is the process for correcting any matters post-inspection that need to be finalized?
- Do I have the option to choose any or all of my subcontractors?
- How do you handle change orders?
- How many other homes do you have under construction while mine is being built?
- How often should I expect updates throughout construction?
- Are there options in the floor plan? What can and cannot be added?
- How much customization can be done?
- Can appliances be up or down graded?
- Is there a home owners association? What are the dues? What do they cover?
- What are the rules of the home owners association? What dos and don’ts do we need to know?
- Does the builder offer a warranty program? What is covered? Does it include after move-in?
- Does the price include landscaping? Is there a guarantee?
- What are the estimated property taxes?
- What schools are near by? What are they rated?
- Where are the closest grocery stores and are they satisfactory?
- Where are the closest emergency facilities and how do they rate?
- What are the plans for the area within the next year? Next 5 years? Any major developments?
Don't Buy New Construction Without An Agent!
Get a professional to negotiate deals and discounts with your builder and save 1.5% on your home with Glass House! Buying a new construction home without an agent will cost you more money and time. Find out how we can help you make smarter offers, negotiate with builders and build your home for less! Let's talk!
"Thanks for reading! I’m passionate about empowering home buyers and sellers with professional advice and unbiased information, throughout the real estate transaction. Unlike most agents, I always put clients first. When it comes to negotiating, marketing homes, and sealing the deal, I’ve got the experience and knowledge you’re looking for. If you have any questions about moving to VA, D.C., or MD, don’t hesitate to reach out."